Monday, September 7, 2015

Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre


Synopsis


Cole Masten. Abandoned by his superstar wife, Hollywood’s Perfect Husband is now Hollywood’s Sexiest Bachelor: partying hard and screwing even harder. Watch out Los Angeles, there's a new bad boy in town.

Summer Jenkins. That’s me, a small town girl stuck in Quincy, Georgia. I cook some mean chicken and dumplins, can bluff a grown man out of his savings in poker, and was voted Most Friendly my senior year.

We were from different worlds. Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him.

From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me.

Sometimes, opposites just aren’t meant to attract.
Review
 
 
In this enemies to lovers story, we have movie super star Cole Masten who is pushed to leave Hollywood before he falls into a downward spiral after his marriage breaks apart. When he arrives in Quincy, Georgia; he's in chicken hell but what he doesn't know is that he will find his match in Summer Jenkins. Summer is the town outcast after a stunt she pulled that made practically the whole town her enemy. She's wanting to leave town, start a new life and after an opportunity presents itself, Summer accepts but what she doesn't know is that Cole will be the one to set her free.

Cole and Summer's relationship starts out slow. They're both attracted to each other but want nothing to do with each other. Cole and Summer are strong characters. They take no shit and give no shit. What you see is what you get from them both. When they realize that their romance is inevitable and when they finally come together(pun intended), it's real as in the form of it wasn't forced; it transcended perfectly.

It took me more than fifty percent to finally get into the story. The writing is good but I just couldn't get the feel or the flow of the storyline. I think this book is the case of "maybe it's me not you".

*And I won't spoil it but there is an old friend who makes an appearance in the story*



Amazon

Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment