Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Torture to her Soul by JM Darhower



"I'm warning you. I'm not a good man, Karissa, and I never will be. So don't think you can fix me, or that I'll ever change, because I won't. I can't. You have to know, if this goes any further, if you ask me to stay, I'm not going to be able to let you walk away."

Remember those lines from Monster in his Eyes? Well, they still hold true thru Torture to her Soul. Ignazio Vitale is NOT a good man. In his POV, we get to see what makes him do what he does and how he justifies his thinking. Naz is not looking for redemption for how became what he is. He's still seeking his revenge and ultimately he gets it but...

The title of the book is aptly named for Karissa. Naz is her torture. No matter what he says, what he does; she still loves him. What I really like with this series is that Karissa doesn't "heal" Naz. It's not like Naz wakes up one day and thinks, "Oh, I got the love of my life with me, I think I'll try to be a better man for her." Darhower kept it real. She kept Naz true to his character which is he's not a good man.

The pace of the story is slow. Karissa and Naz took their time getting back together even when they were together. There's really no action until closer to the end of the story. I can see where some may not like Naz or Karissa's actions or way of thinking. I happen to love everything about this story. From the prologue to the epilogue to the bonus scene, everything worked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment