Monday, February 22, 2016

Review ~ Target on Our Backs by JM Darhower



The best way to keep your word is never to give it.

Not long ago, in a chapel in Vegas, I swore to love Karissa for the rest of my days. But nobody's promised an infinite number of tomorrows. Nobody's promised forever. Sometimes, all we have left is today.

Carpe Diem
Seize the day.

It should've been over, we should've been happy, but people are making it hard for me to live in peace. I've got so much blood on my hands they'll never be clean, and somebody out there seems to want me to pay for it. Happily Ever After always comes at a cost, one any real man would be willing to pay. But that doesn't mean I'm just going to roll over and accept these consequences.

Because when it comes to the woman I love? The life I've fought for?

Nobody is safe.


REVIEW
 
"A leopard doesn't change it's spots."
 
Well no shit. Ignazio Vitale is not a good man. He's done unimaginable things to get his revenge from his past. But with his future with Karissa, he's trying to be a better man. In the mafia world, he was technically never in but he was technically never out. He never gave his word and subsequently this will cause problems. A new player will come into town drawing suspicion and wreaking havoc to a rule abiding mafia family. In the suspense aspect of Target on Our Backs, everything was on point. Is this new player a threat or has the threat been there all along but we never saw it? Just as it seems that things can be "normal" for Naz and Karissa, something comes up. It's never ending.
 
"My eyes sting, and I close them as I lay my head back, stealing a moment of darkness to try to find some peace.
Peace.
Peace.
All I fucking want is some peace."
 
Will any threats be over for Naz? Yes and No. Once you're part of something huge as the mafia, you'll always have that target on your back. As certain events become to unfold it's clearly seen that a change is needed but before this change, one must make a statement and I think it comes across pretty clearly.
 
"Don't tell me something happened to her not unless you want the world to burn."
 
Ignazio and Karissa's love and chemistry, again, are on point. I love how they both know each other yet they are still learning new things about each other. I love how they can make each other laugh and love what they can say or do to turn it up a notch in the sex department.
 
"You did good," he whispers.
"Yeah?" I ask, surprised. "I wasn't sure. Never had my throat fucked before..."
 
Target on Our Backs is a perfect ending to Ignazio and Karissa. Goodbyes are hard and the emotional part of me silently bawled. BUT I know something you don't know so I'm keeping that to myself until it's revealed.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment