Monday, March 28, 2016

Review ~ Breaking Her by R.K. Lilley

 
SYNOPSIS
 
DESTRUCTION. BETRAYAL. RUINATION.
TRUE LOVE.
Breaking Her...
Book Two in the Love is War Duet.
This is the conclusion of Scarlett and Dante’s story.

 
SCARLETT
He had done it again. Ravaged me. Burned me. Broken me.
Given me air, only to leave me gasping, writhing.
But then something changed. Something that terrified and excited me both.
Something that utterly destroyed me.
Something that made me whole again.
 
DANTE
Our love was cursed from the start. She didn’t know it, but I did.
All she knew was that I’d lied to her, betrayed her. Done unforgivable things. Unavoidable things. Yes, I had broken promises as surely as I had broken her heart. But, just as every war has casualties, and every lie has consequences–every bastard has his reasons.

REVIEW
 
The hate Scarlett and Dante have for each other is justified. With secrets, lies and hurtful words; they knew how to make each other bleed. The love Scarlett and Dante have for each other is like any other. With touches, sacrifices, sex and beautiful words; they knew how to heal each other. What I loved most about their relationship is the obsession they had. Dante always knew what Scarlett was involved in and with. He let her live her life without him but it doesn't come without a price. Scarlett could deny herself that she was through with Dante but with a phone call or a surprise visit, he brought out the love while hating him. Their love/hate relationship is perfect. It's angsty while sexy.
 
In Breaking Her, everything comes out. EVERYTHING. It goes from present to past with dual POV and the best part is you FEEL the emotions that Dante put Scarlett through and vice versa. I love their connection. I got it. I felt it.
 
There were some things that were a little over the top that were not to my liking but it didn't deter me from me finishing their story. I needed to see what secrets were being kept and to see if they could move on from it. Overall I was pleased with how it concluded but I wouldn't mind a follow up on them. The Love is War series is some of R.K. Lilley's best writing yet. Don't pass this up and grab your copies ASAP!

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment