Friday, August 29, 2014

Vanquish by Pam Godwin



After I finished reading Deliver, I didn't see how Van could redeem himself. He's a kidnapper, rapist, twisted and sadistic but there was also the other side to him that he didn't show until now. Is any of this excusable? No. But, I still had the feels for him. His vulnerability got me. To know how his mind works, you must get inside and the author did a fantastic job in explaining how he became the way he is/was.

The heroine Amber is his unexpected target. Van is drawn to her. He wants to know how and why she is the way she is. He sets up his plan to expose herself and yet what he sets up is his exposure to Amber. Unknowingly. Van and Amber are two peas in a pod. They're both fucked up emotionally, physically and mentally and because of this the process of them healing each other and themselves works.

The story is still dark but there's always the light at the end of the tunnel and to see them go towards it is a reward in itself.

I will definitely be reading more to this series if she continues. See this Ms. Godwin? I want more and I'm pretty sure your fans do to.



No comments:

Post a Comment