Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven



I'll give props to the writing which was good and the wit of the main character Cassie; and for those reasons alone, I gave it four stars otherwise I would have downgraded and I'll get to that in a bit. The story goes to past and present of the lives of Cassie and Ethan. They both are attending a school and are trying to make an in in the acting industry. This is where their "relationship" began. Cassie lived a kinda sheltered life and thru this her naivety showed with her "relationship" with Ethan. Now this is where I had problems. I've never been that type of girl(the one who "Oh why doesn't he call me"?!, "What did I do wrong"?!, blah blah blah). I tried to forgive this being that it's her first love and her age but it still annoyed the hell outta me. Other than that, Cassie's way of thinking and the things she says had me laughing. I got that part not the whole Ethan debacle. As for Ethan, I didn't get his character. That's all I got for him. In the present, they are reunited but it's still a clusterfuck with their feelings towards each other. I didn't like the ending. It leaves off with questions being unanswered but there is a sequel so there's that.

All in all, it's still a good debut by an author and I recommend it to the NA crowd.


Buy Links

1 comment: