Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dead City by James Ponti


A MUST READ!

I purchased Dead City a few weeks ago at a local school book fair. I was browsing the tables full of books when I came across this one. The thing that caught my eye is the cover so I picked it up, read the back and thought that it sounded pretty interesting so I was going to give it a shot. 

I am so glad that I did. 

I LOVE everything about this book!! It is gritty, funny, suspenseful and down right spooky at times. You will fall in love with the characters and their sense of humor, loyalty and unwavering courage. 

The bad zombies (Lv's 2 & 3<----mostly 3's) are Fah-reak-ee!!! 
*grabs my bottle of vanilla extract*

As I was reading Dead City I could literally see everything play out in my head, almost like I was in a movie and I had the best seat in the house with a big tub of delicious and oh so warm and oh so buttery popcorn in my hands. With every new discovery that Molly and her friends would make, had me going "Huh, that is pretty darn nifty." The dangerous situations that they would sometimes find themselves in had my grasping my book just a little bit tighter. I may or may not have held my breath a time or two.

If you are looking for a fantastic read for you child or heck even for yourself, then this is just for you.

Buy Links:
Amazon  




No comments:

Post a Comment